Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/365: Welcome To Downtown St. Louis 365

.
Arch 2009-06-19 #3

I need a new project, as my mother used to say, like I need a hole in the head. But there are all these 365 photo blogs floating around these days and I have such a big inventory of downtown pictures I thought I'd give it a shot. I've worked in downtown St. Louis for 36 years (sigh), seen changes for better and worse and gotten to know it very well. It contains both beauty and urban grit. Let's have a look.

Some of these images will not be new. Many will have appeared on my St. Louis Daily Photo Blog, now nearly four years old. From time to time, we'll also examine what happens to my haunting grounds in 2011. It's a year-long look at the place I know the best.

7 comments:

Julie said...

"haunting grounds' - okay, I can understand that.
Is this sunrise or sunset?

Lachezar said...

That sounds like a great New Year resolution, so the best of luck, and I hope you succeed! Cheers and Happy New Year!

brattcat said...

i feel as if i should break a bottle of champagne against my computer to christen this new blog. beautiful beginning to what i imagine will be a brilliant year of photographs.

Victor said...

I thought you might start with an arch photo. Good call. Found a publisher for the book yet? Chronicle in San Francisco comes to mind...

Virginia said...

Remember previous posts? I wish I could remember what I had for lunch. This will all be a new and fresh and we can't wait for this new blog . Crank 'er up!!!
V

Ann said...

Great that you're doing this. I've started a 365 project of sorts (my second) and downtown STL is the place I know the least...

Nathalie said...

What a divine to get this blog started. Showing the gateway arch you were sure to have me hooked.

Jilly if I'm getting my bearings right this is a sunset shot taken from across the river looking west.

Bob there's one thing I don't understand. How will this blog interact with your SLDP ? Will you run both at a time? Give up SLDP for the 365 project?